Emerging Markets Online provides each customer with customized market research and consulting services. Emerging Markets Online can help you find the market intelligence and project support data you require. We produce personalized surveys and reports for our clients.
Our global team of specialists helps clients to:
- Develop strategies for business plans and commercialization initiatives
- Identify emerging business opportunities in regional and local markets
- Facilitate joint ventures and identify strategic partners
- Provide due diligence on prospective investments
- Produce feasibility studies for developers and investors
- Forecast market growth potential for products and services
- Assess prospective sales and distribution channels
- Analyze market trends in emerging industries
Consulting Examples for Clients in Advanced Nutrition, Algae and Aquaculture
- Emerging Markets Online produced an algae industry study for a leading algae nutrition producer. The study included a detailed report on emerging algae producers, production volumes, technology readiness status, strategic partners, investors, and stage of commercialization (pilot, demo, first commercial status). A key focus was on the cost of construction (CAPEX) and operations (OPEX) to determine the cost of goods sold (COGS) for algae producers in pond production, photobioreactors, and fermentation systems. Provided an analysis and a prospective timeline for the scale up of emerging algae producers over a five year horizon. The client utilized this study as part of a larger effort to secure a multi million dollar investment in a new production facility, and to expand operations in Omega 3 and EPA formulations for high-value human, fish, and livestock nutrition supplements.
- Emerging Markets Online conducted a technology feasibility study for an investor in an algae Omega 3, nutrition and aquaculture feed operation in partnership with a sustainable agriculture research facility on the gulf coast with shrimp, fish, swine, and cattle operations. Followed detailed guidelines and procedures for a USDA loan guarantee application to qualify for the debt financing portion of a multi million dollar investment. Produced a detailed site survey of assets, infrastructure, labor, nutrient availability, power generation options for co2 production, and facilities for administrative and production operations. Identified key local and regional markets for prospective off take agreements with shrimp, fish, and aquaculture operations. The feasibility study also included a business plan, a review of integrated farming operations, an environmental impact assessment, and offtake agreement options to stimulate investment feasibility.
Advanced (Sustainable) Biofuels, Feedstocks, and Bioeconomy Consulting Examples
- Emerging Markets Online developed a comprehensive business plan and strategy for a San Francisco Bay based advanced (sustainable) biofuels production and tank storage facility. Produced a detailed supply chain analysis of site locations for tank storage terminals, feedstock options, prospective investors and offtake customers for the operation. The client engagement also included strategic support for the California Governor’s advanced biofuels initiative, infrastructure development plans, and site location requirements for tank storage and biofuels production. Emerging Markets Online delivered the business plan to the office of the governor of California in an effort to clear site location permits, and to encourage cooperation and investment from the state.
- Emerging Markets Online supported a Wisconsin-based advanced biofuels producer in expanding a brownfield production operation by tenfold from 4 million gallons a year up to a 40 million gallon a year operating facility. The client assignment included reviewing market demand, consumption and production of biodiesel and diesel fuel in the US. Produced a series of forecasts and projections for biodiesel and diesel demand, consumption and prices to support the investment. The biodiesel producer utilized the business plan and pricing forecasts to secure a second round of financing and expand the brownfield expansion into a 40 million gallon a year biorefinery.
- Emerging Markets Online helped lead the city of Houston’s Biofuels Commercialization Task Force. Produced monthly workshops and lead meetings bringing together stakeholders from industry, government and academia including advanced biofuels producers, feedstock developers, refineries, technology providers, engineers, research scientists, strategic investors, universities, research labs, and government officials. Developed a strategy and produced a roadmap to establish new advanced biofuels facilities, partnerships and production in Houston. Invited advanced biofuels producers from around the world to engage in establishing, advancing, and deploying biorefineries for economic development and job creation in the greater Houston area. Worked with the Wind Task Force, the Solar Task Force, and MicroGrid Task Force in support of Houston’s long-term plan to transition the energy capital of the world from an oil city into a diversified “energy city” with a growing number of alternative and renewable energy producers.
- Emerging Markets Online‘s CEO served as an energy advisor to start-up incubator The Houston Technology Center. Consulted start-up ventures and investors in alternative energy, advanced biofuels, algae, cleantech, wind, solar, smart grids, oil and gas technologies. Named among Forbes’ Top 10 “incubators changing the world”, The Houston Technology Center provides education, insight, and access to capital that entrepreneurs need to move towards the path to commercialization.
- Emerging Markets Online provided strategic business development and feedstock acquisition services to a growing advanced biofuels producer in Texas. The assignment included evaluating the acquisition and merger of several yellow grease collection operations to supply a biodiesel production facility. For this project, Emerging Markets Online produced a comprehensive assessment of yellow grease collection operations, markets, volumes, collectors, renderers, buyers, pricing, and supply-chain analyses in Houston, Dallas, Austin and El Paso. Produced an evaluation of acquiring assets for rendering restaurant-based yellow grease with high FFA and MIU content into ASTM quality biodiesel. Developed and delivered a market demand survey of 12 major biodiesel producers in Texas as prospective customers and competitors for yellow grease biodiesel feedstocks.
- Emerging Markets Online consulted a national energy company in Southeast Asia on developing advanced biofuels operations from various feed stocks in Asia, Africa, and the Americas. Produced a review of market prices and demand drivers for biodiesel feed stocks including key time-series data and analysis of traditional and emerging feedstock supplies in the Americas, Europe, Africa and Asia. Delivered a series of reports including price forecasts and demand drivers for biodiesel in Europe, Americas and Asia to 2020.
Consulting Examples for Clients in Alternative Energy, Renewable Energy, and Utilities
- Emerging Markets Online advised the M&A director at a top multinational renewable energy, gas and petroleum services company. Provided a comprehensive analysis of how current LNG export and terminal projects are structured and financed world-wide. Produced a detailed analysis of the mix of private finance, commercial finance, ECA and multilateral finance, and engineering finance in current projects. The assignment included a matrix of how current LNG projects are financed by participant and percentage. Provided details of how key LNG projects are structured and financed in Egypt, Trinidad, Qatar, Oman, Baja Mexico, and Nigeria. Identified three major trends in the financing of LNG projects.
- Supported a major law firm with an in-depth assessment of South Africa’s natural gas market. Produced a survey and a report of key players, existing operations, exploration activities, pipeline developments, major contracts, pricing mechanisms, and the outlook for downstream natural gas markets.
- Produced a due diligence assessment on a major electric and natural gas company’s operations in Latin America for a prospective investor and strategic partner in a Fortune 100 energy company.
Our clients include alternative energy companies, bio-based commercialization initiatives, biofuels producers, sustainable feedstock producers, project investors, governments, biorefineries, algae producers, integrated multinational energy companies, public-private partnerships, research initiatives, EPCs, and start-up incubators,
For more information, or an initial consultation, please contact us with a message of interest to email@example.com or call +1 713 429 4905 (Houston)